The island is covered with beautiful beaches.
The principal beaches on Lanzarote are:
- “Las cucharas” beach is the most important beach in costa teguise : golden sand, quiet place, possibility of renting sunbeds and sunshade, lifeguard and showers.
- “El Jablillo”: fine white sand beach in a protected lagoon .
- In the center of the town “ El Reducto Beach”, this artificial white sand beach is the principal beach of the island capital.(500 m long; 45 wide)
Puerto del Carmen
- The home of many golden beaches. The largest being ”Los Pocillos”: a stretch of golden sand with an array of beach fun activities.
- “ Famara beach” is ideal for surfing with its constant wind and ever present strong swells.
- “Papagayo beach” is situated in the ultimate south of the Island. Its white sand is a paradise for sunbathers. Located in the Natural Park of Los Ajaches. This is a protected area and has an entrance fee.